Vegan buddha bowl with tofu and lots of veggies
For 2 buddha bowls
- 150 grams rice
- 175 grams tofu
- 1 ripe avocado in slices
- 4 miniature cucumbers in slices
- 2 handfuls red cabbage
- pair radishes in thin slices
- 1 carrot in thin slices (rolled up if desired)
- 100 grams soybeans (edamame)
- 1 lemon
- 1 table spoon of sesame seeds (if desired, black and white sesame seeds)
- Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon crispy chili oil
- A pinch of salt
Cut the tofu into small blocks about the size of dominoes. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade with 1-2 tablespoons of water to a smooth sauce. Spoon this over the tofu and marinade it for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
Cook the rice in plenty of water and a pinch of salt as indicated on the package.
Heat up a bit of coconut oil in a large frying pan and bake the tofu at middle heat for a tasty crispy coating.
Spread the rice in a large bowl, spread it over the small blocks of baked tofu, the avocado, cucumber, red cabbage, radish, carrot and soybeans.
Drizzle to taste with lemon juice and garnish with sesame seeds.